Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Children's Books about Animals

The Miss Rumphius Effect posted a list of favorite children's books about animals this morning. It's a good list, but there are many more good ones too. I commented on several of my favorites that were omitted: Dodie Smith's 101 Dalmatians, Felix Salter's Bambi, Marjorie Rawlings' The Yearling, and many of Gerald Durrell's books. What are your favorites? And don't forget to check out the link in the sidebar to After Seuss, our list of recommended books for precocious readers.

4 comments:

FreshHell said...

Bambi's one of my favorites. It was one of the first chapter books I ever read to Dusty.

Jeanne said...

The list included J.C. George's My Side of the Mountain, but for real animal lovers, there's also her The Tarantula in my Purse (to continue my purse theme for this week).

Hannah said...

I was never big on animal stories, but I always loved Lafcadio by Shel Silverstein--not a chapter book, but fun all the same.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.